These terms of business are to protect and clarify the legal rights of our customers as well as ourselves.
The terms and conditions stated below apply to all wallpaper, fabric, and other items printed and produced by ‘The Art of Wallpaper’.
[Custom Colours Ltd, T/A The Art of Wallpaper]. No other terms and conditions can apply in any circumstances.
We sell to both trade and retail.
Prices are subject to change. We will be pleased to quote the current price immediately prior to an order being placed.
Statement of Liability
All goods supplied by Custom Colours Ltd T/A ‘The Art of Wallpaper’ are supplied on the condition that our liability for any fault or defect in the quality, condition, description or fitness for any purpose is to a sum not exceeding the purchase price of the particular goods. It is the customer or their agent’s responsibility to check that they have received the correct design and colour. Mistake in labelling can happen. Once handed on to a third party we cannot accept responsibility for any errors which occasionally do occur. That condition supersedes any conflicting term submitted to us and all other liability whether statutory or otherwise is excluded.
- a: We reserve the right to withdraw items from our range at any time without prior notification.
- b: Minimums: Machine printed wallpaper, one roll. Hand printed wallpaper and fabric, one metre. All other items sold singularly.
- c: All orders not confirmed in writing are at the customer’s own risk.
- d: Colour matching: With wallpaper and fabric we suggest that a sample is ordered prior to selecting the colourway as we have no control over the colour settings on our customers’ computer monitors.
- e: Fitness for purpose: the buyer must satisfy themselves that any product supplied by ‘The Art of Wallpaper’ is fit for the purpose for which it is purchased prior to ordering.
- f: Wallpapers and fabrics must be checked prior to cutting and/or hanging.
- g: Calculating the number of rolls and metres required is the responsibility of the customer or his/her agent, and provided to the Company is not the responsibility of the Company for accuracy.
- a: Payment in full for all retail orders is required before goods are dispatched.
- b: Pro-forma invoices must be fully paid before goods dispatched.
- c: Once full payment is received and goods are dispatched they become the property of the buyer.
- a: The full delivery address must be given when the order is placed.
- b: We aim to dispatch stocked wallpaper items within 2-3 working days of payment being cleared, whilst fabric, hand printed wallpaper and other items which are printed/manufactured to order will take between 2-3 weeks.
- c: It is the buyer’s responsibility to check for any damages to packing materials and product before accepting delivery of the products and to report any damage by the delivery company within 48 hours. In the unlikely event that there is any damage, please DO NOT accept delivery, DO NOT sign the delivery sheet; instead ask the driver for a damaged freight report which will need your signature. Contact us as soon as possible. Goods are not covered by transit insurance once you have accepted delivery. ‘The Art of Wallpaper’ uses Royal Mail for samples and cards and APC on a 24 hour service to the UK. If the goods are delayed in transit it is beyond our control and postage refunds will not be given.
- d: Delivery dates supplied by ‘The Art of Wallpaper’ are estimates. We are not liable for the consequence of any delay. We will make every effort to keep you informed of any delays.
- e: Any delay of part of an order against an estimated delivery date does not entitle the buyer to cancel the order.
- f: It is the buyers responsibility to make themselves available to receive the goods for the carrier at the time the carrier proposes.
If you would like to cancel your order before it has been dispatched, please contact us and we will cancel the order on our system before authorizing your payment. Cancellations should be made in writing.
Returns, Exchange & Refunds
All orders are accepted on the basis that the Customer has received a sample/cutting of the product before placing their final order. We cannot accept returned goods or cancelled orders once the order has been dispatched from the warehouse.
Having received your order, please check you have received the correct design/colour and that all the rolls / lengths have the same batch number. [see front label. After hanging 2 lengths, check for shading, wallpaper printing faults, and that the wallpaper is hung the correct way up. If in doubt, STOP.
No claims will be accepted for more than one roll/length and any claim is strictly limited to the replacement of faulty wallpaper. In the event of a fault please send a sample of the wallpaper with the label – it should not be necessary to return all the faulty wallpaper. If the wallpaper is defective in any way or has a fault, a full replacement or refund will be made at no charge.
Our machine printed wallpapers are produced in small batches and are, therefore, deemed bespoke items. As such, we will only accept returns on 5 rolls [of each design and colourway] or more, which will incur a 25% handling charge.
Hand silk screen printed wallpapers are printed in small runs and sold by the metre, cut to order and therefore, a bespoke item. This is a non refunable item.
When returning goods in any of the above circumstances, please email us at email@example.com.
Please state your order number, date of receipt and the nature of the problem or reason for the return.
The address to return faulty products to is: The Art of Wallpaper | Unit 15 | Salamanca Road | Tharston Industrial Estate | Long Stratton |Norfolk | NR15 2PF | United Kingdom
- a: Non-receipt of goods: Any claim for the non-receipt of goods must be made in writing within a maximum of 14 days from the date of the confirmed delivery date.
- b: Errors and omissions: Customers should check all deliveries immediately for shortages, faults, damages or incorrect products. The buyer must inform The Art of Wallpaper in writing within 14 days of the date of delivery.
- c: Due to human error samples may be wrongly labelled and mistakes are very occasionally made in the supply of wallpaper but it is the customer’s responsibility to check that the correct wallpaper has been supplied before opening the rolls.
- d: Wallpaper: Before hanging wallpaper, please check you have received the correct design/colour and that all the rolls have the same batch number. [see front label]. After hanging 2 lengths, check for shading, wallpaper printing faults, and that the wallpaper is hung the correct way up. At this point, if you are unhappy, STOP. If an item is faulty and you would like to return, please notify us within 14 days. Items should be returned to The Art of Wallpaper | Unit 15 | Salamanca Road | Tharston Industrial Estate | Long Stratton | Norfolk | NR15 2PF | UK
We would suggest that you use some form of delivery service that requires a signature. Once we have received the item[s] [in the condition in which they were sent] we can either offer you an alternative item or a full refund.
Please ensure that you include your name, address and telephone number or e-mail when returning goods along with the receipt.
Please note that we do not store any of our customers’ financial details [credit & debit card information], nor do we share any personal details with third parties.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone + 44  1508 531171